Missing Dog – Romula

No Collar ~45 lbs
Last seen in Orange

Reward for Return

Walter Jeffries
walterj@sugarmtnfarm.com
(802) 439-6462

Here is the poster if you would like to hang one: Romula Poster

14 Responses to Missing Dog – Romula

1. ankle says:

Oh dear! I’m sorry to hear this. We’ll pray for her safe return.

2. Claudette says:

So very sorry to read this. Will hold good thoughts that she gets home safely to you!

3. Carrie says:

Hi Walter,

Still no sign of her?
    Is it possible that a member, or a couple, from the pack would find her if they were taken to where she was last seen? I imagine the danger would be that you might be unable to keep up with them should they get her scent? Is this kind of dog-pack search party doable?
    Carrie

• The pack has been calling to her but no sign of her yet. Remus and I went out tracking after he talked to me about her and he had a trail for a while but then ended up doubling back and forth over and over along the road by the beaver ponds so we lost the scent there.

4. Carrie says:

Walter, is she still missing?

What do you think has happened? Do you think she been kidnapped/stolen? Or do you think this is this some kind of ‘pack’ dispute whereby she’s taken herself off… thinks she has been excluded by the pack for some reason?

I’m curious because I’m intrigued by your work the dogs, especially the communication aspects.

Kind regards,

• Carrie says:

I meant to add: Or is this the work of the non-existent Puma? If so, it must have been close – inside the most-worked farm areas?

• Romula is still missing. None of the other dogs have any injuries and they were running together as a pack when she didn’t come home. It wasn’t a pack dispute issue. Remus said something negative and submissive to Kavi but I didn’t understand it. They have been calling for her to come in. No sign yet.

• Carrie says:

Perplexing, to say the very least. Agonising.

Kavi is the sire of Remus and Romula – if I’ve worked that out correctly – and the pack leader? Does this involve Pika, do you think – that Romula has gone back to being the Omega?

Keeping fingers crossed for a positive outcome.

Regards,