Jeffries Family Farm
Walter Jeffries Tinker, Tailor… A bit eclectic & a tad eccentric, polymath, quantum mechanic & Farmer. Also lucky at cards.
Online Ordering is now available via the Quick Order Form.
Oven, Spit & Pit Roaster Pigs!
Enjoy Our Pork!Pork Page for details.
Subscribe To Blog
A Favor Please…If you enjoy my blog please do me the favor of making links to articles you enjoy and to my blog's main page at http://SugarMtnFarm.com because links are what build the power of the web through sharing information.
A year before
- 2018-08-23 No articles on this date.
Missing Dog – Romula disappeared on in August. Unfortunately her collar came off so she has no ID with her. ~5years old, Female, ~45 lbs
White, grey/black & brown, Upright ears, Looks similar to a coyote. See photos.
Blog DonationsIf you found this article on my blog helpful I appreciate anything you can offer to help with server costs:
- Real Meat
- Roaster Pig Available 47 lbs
- How to Cook a Planet with Encryption
- Little Bird Magic
- Roaster Pigs Available
- SMF Bacon on a Stick by Berdas at Champlain Valley Fair
- Wanted: A Few Good Bitches
- New USDA Inspected Brochure
- Demo of Bacon, Salt Pork & Sausage at City Market South in Burlington
- Whole & Half Pigs Available
- USDA Labels at Sugar Mountain Farm On-Farm Butcher Shop
- USDA Inspected!
- Easter Hams in Stores Today!
- USDA Walk Through
- Malum Prohibitum – Silly Laws on NPR
Sponsoring InformationIf you would like to have a link here, email me for information about sponsoring my blog. Note that I do not in anyway endorse these links. They're sponsoring advertisements from their respective producers. The same goes for ads elsewhere on the page. I thank them for helping to maintain the cost of the servers and blog.
Tag Cloud:Blog Bonfire Butcher Shop Calendar Chickens Clouds Cooking Cottage Dogs Ducks Family Farm Feeding Fencing Flowers Found Fun Garden Goose Government Granite Greenhouse Housing Ice Kickstarter Kids Links Mailbag Market Meat Meat Label Mystery Photo NoWeirdStuff Other Panorama Piglets Pigs Poll Pond Processing Rock Satire Sheep Snow Tour Tractor Trees Vehicles Vermont Water Wildlife
Most Commented Posts
- Contact (463)
- Pigs (359)
- Keeping a pig for meat? (338)
- FAQ (299)
- Pregnancy Indicator (255)
- Boar Meat (157)
- Piglets (148)
- Farm (142)
- Blog (139)
- Worms au Natural (138)
- How to Brine a Ham (129)
- How Much Land per Pig? (108)
- To Cut or Not? (98)
- Butcher Shop at Sugar Mtn (95)
- How to Weigh Pigs w/ String (92)
- What is a Half Pig Share (84)
- ButcherShop (78)
- Home (78)
- Have Your Pig and Eat It Too (78)
- Hay’s Here 2011 – Pigs Eat Grass! (76)
- Winter Hen Coop (75)
- Fuji FinePix E900 Review II (74)
- Winter Farrowing Ideas #1 (73)
- Pig on Pasture (69)
- Weaning Piglets (65)
- Of Tiller Pigs & Weeder Chickens (65)
- Feeding Bread to Pigs (61)
- Dipping Your Toes in Breeding (58)
- LGD Expectations (55)
- What Good is a Pig: Cuts of Pork, Nose-to-Tail (55)
Monthly Archives: September 2016
Little Bird in the Hand I just caught a bird in my hand. Very gently. I was afraid of crushing it. It is so small. I actually caught it three times but twice let go because I didn’t want to … Continue reading
Apples Ripening Our apple and pear trees are heavy with fruit. It is the fall bounty. We have a lot of apple trees out in the pastures, primarily wild. Both pigs and chickens enjoy the drops.
Towel to the Rescue Each week we sort meat to orders. As I sort I weigh up the packages for invoicing customers. The packages of meat are extra cold, super chilled to about 27°F to 30°F. Meat doesn’t freeze until … Continue reading
Test Bacon Batch This summer I’ve been making a lot of bacon as well as doing a number of other pork belly recipes. I’m up to my 14th batch. Eating in the name of science and marketing you might say.
Omnivores Save the World According to an analysis, veganism is the worst diet for the planet with lacto-vegetarian and omnivore diets being the best:
This year and part of last year since we opened the butcher shop at Sugar Mountain Farm I’ve been filling the CSA Pre-Buys and Kickstarter pre-orders that help with funding the construction of the butcher shop. I have now finished … Continue reading