Jeffries Family Farm
Walter Jeffries Tinker, Tailor… A bit eclectic & a tad eccentric, polymath, quantum mechanic & Farmer. Also lucky at cards.
Online Ordering is now available via the Quick Order Form.
Oven, Spit & Pit Roaster Pigs!
Enjoy Our Pork!Pork Page for details.
Subscribe To Blog
A Favor Please…If you enjoy my blog please do me the favor of making links to articles you enjoy and to my blog's main page at http://SugarMtnFarm.com because links are what build the power of the web through sharing information.
A year before
- 2018-08-19 No articles on this date.
Missing Dog – Romula disappeared on in August. Unfortunately her collar came off so she has no ID with her. ~5years old, Female, ~45 lbs
White, grey/black & brown, Upright ears, Looks similar to a coyote. See photos.
Blog DonationsIf you found this article on my blog helpful I appreciate anything you can offer to help with server costs:
- Real Meat
- Roaster Pig Available 47 lbs
- How to Cook a Planet with Encryption
- Little Bird Magic
- Roaster Pigs Available
- SMF Bacon on a Stick by Berdas at Champlain Valley Fair
- Wanted: A Few Good Bitches
- New USDA Inspected Brochure
- Demo of Bacon, Salt Pork & Sausage at City Market South in Burlington
- Whole & Half Pigs Available
- USDA Labels at Sugar Mountain Farm On-Farm Butcher Shop
- USDA Inspected!
- Easter Hams in Stores Today!
- USDA Walk Through
- Malum Prohibitum – Silly Laws on NPR
Sponsoring InformationIf you would like to have a link here, email me for information about sponsoring my blog. Note that I do not in anyway endorse these links. They're sponsoring advertisements from their respective producers. The same goes for ads elsewhere on the page. I thank them for helping to maintain the cost of the servers and blog.
Tag Cloud:Blog Bonfire Butcher Shop Calendar Chickens Clouds Cooking Cottage Dogs Ducks Family Farm Feeding Fencing Flowers Found Fun Garden Goose Government Granite Greenhouse Housing Ice Kickstarter Kids Links Mailbag Market Meat Meat Label Mystery Photo NoWeirdStuff Other Panorama Piglets Pigs Poll Pond Processing Rock Satire Sheep Snow Tour Tractor Trees Vehicles Vermont Water Wildlife
Most Commented Posts
- Contact (463)
- Pigs (359)
- Keeping a pig for meat? (338)
- FAQ (299)
- Pregnancy Indicator (255)
- Boar Meat (157)
- Piglets (148)
- Farm (142)
- Blog (139)
- Worms au Natural (138)
- How to Brine a Ham (129)
- How Much Land per Pig? (108)
- To Cut or Not? (98)
- Butcher Shop at Sugar Mtn (95)
- How to Weigh Pigs w/ String (92)
- What is a Half Pig Share (84)
- ButcherShop (78)
- Home (78)
- Have Your Pig and Eat It Too (78)
- Hay’s Here 2011 – Pigs Eat Grass! (76)
- Winter Hen Coop (75)
- Fuji FinePix E900 Review II (74)
- Winter Farrowing Ideas #1 (73)
- Pig on Pasture (69)
- Weaning Piglets (65)
- Of Tiller Pigs & Weeder Chickens (65)
- Feeding Bread to Pigs (61)
- Dipping Your Toes in Breeding (58)
- LGD Expectations (55)
- What Good is a Pig: Cuts of Pork, Nose-to-Tail (55)
Monthly Archives: April 2015
Strapped Round Hay Bales in South Arc There are a lot of little tricks to feeding hay like the strapped bales shown above in the open south field greenhouse. Hay bale orientation makes a difference in the speed with which … Continue reading
Hope’s Chocolate Balls Teach your children to cook. Give them interesting cookbooks. Enjoy delicious cooking.
First Piglets Born in South Field Greenhouse This is one of our Blackieline sows with her third litter which is the first litter to be born in the south field greenhouse, christening it for farrowing.
Spring Piglets with Chickens Piglets are popping. These little guys were born in the south field shed which is an open three sided shed wrapped around a courtyard. They have a deep bedding pack which gives them warmth from below … Continue reading
Van up on Ice Pillar Our snow is almost, finally, gone. Some years it’s a little earlier. Some years later. Soon the fields will be green.
Sugar Mountain Farm featured in Acres USA Magazine There is an article in the latest issue of Acres USA Magazine about pasturing pigs titled “The Practical Permaculture Pig” by Andrew French which goes into quite a bit of detail about … Continue reading
Siberian Tiger Swim Click for Big Picture As is tradition, our mermaid went for a swim long before ice out on the upper pond.
Middle of April Green Yes, it still looks like this here on the mountain. That is a photo taken on April 1st but it is no joke, it looks almost exactly the same today, April 13th. Winter is digging in … Continue reading
Spring Piglets A piglet fix for those without enough cuteness in their life…