Found Item – Stainless Steel Clamp

Stainless Steel Hose Clamp

Will and Ben found this in one of the hay bales they were feeding out. Last year we found a big knife. Fortunately we found it rather than the pigs or tractor tire.
Sponsoring Ad:

For more interesting things see these found objects.

Outdoors: -2°F/-17°F Sunny

Daily Spark: Today, on a related found object note, while looking in a catalog at shower heads for the butcher shop bathroom I stumbled on one that had a built in musical speaker system. That is just totally bizarre. Let’s combine two activities, water and electricity, where I just don’t want to think about being the conductor. A shower is a well grounded place and you’re in the middle… What’s next: A shower head that you screw into the light socket? Plug in, turn on and crank up the juice – That will be quite the song and dance!

Tinker, Tailor…

11 Responses to Found Item – Stainless Steel Clamp

1. You’re right its a good thing one of the pigs did not find it first! What a fabulous earring that would have made for one of your sows. All the others….way jealous.

2. Sal says:

Milk pipe clamp for a milking operation would be my guess- does your hay come from a milk farm?

3. karl says:

we use something similar all the time for “big” copper pipe plumbing–anything above 5″.

4. skeptic7 says:

How are you managing with the winter storm and the cold? I hope you and the animals are doing ok.

5. Matt says:

It’s a tri-clamp fitting. Could be from any number of places. Anyplace that has a need for a sanitary type fitting, from dairies to breweries and everything in between. I’ve even seen some very serious home brewers use them.

6. farmer.fin says:

Yessir – I operate a micro-dairy in NY and my neighbor is about to open a brewery right down the road, so I know those fittings well. Does it have a shamrock or clover embossed on the edge?

7. Someone identified this as a sankey clamp. My guess is it came off of a beer keg after googling. Probably there was a party in the hay field. We’ve found other party related items in hay bales other years such as a tent stake and knife that might be from a caterer.

8. Nat says:

Our local creamery sets boxes of dairy out back marked “ANIMAL FOOD”. Once or twice we have found a clamp like that, and sometimes rubber gaskets.