Over Sized Load

Behemoth Beam

While on deliveries we saw this mammoth beam bearing down the highway. Twice. One passed us and then a few minutes later another big beam and team went by again. Deja vu! The second time I was prepared and snapped off a shot to bag this monster.

Outdoors: 31째F/19째F Partially Sunny, Light Snow 1/2″

Tinker, Tailor…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Over Sized Load

1. Nance says:

Holy Mackeral! Any ideas or speculation on where those giant beams are going to end up? What they will hold up?

2. Melissa says:

Holy cow. What is it, bridge parts?

3. I'm guessing a bridge span somewhere north up I-89, the road that we were on.

4. oshea12566 says:

Maybe they heard about the eccentric and rather eclectic pig farmer building his own butcher shop and decided to drop off a couple of left over steel beams?
    :-)

5. Gail says:

Wow, glad you got that photo, Walter!! Good job!! Do you get a lot of noise from the interstate?? Or do your hills help keep the noise at bay? But I bet it comes in handy when you need to transport your pigs or have them picked up. Have a great day!!

6. A Bay Horse says:

Ice Road Truckers come to Vermont?!

7. The interstate highwayss are a long ways from us. I can hear the cars on state highways (one lane each way) Rt-25 and R-302 which are a few miles and mountains away but nobody else here hears them so they're not making much racket. We do get a large military(?) jet (refueling) circling low on a seemingly regular basis. We hear the granite quarry blasts and their noon whistle too faintly to the north. The pigs, ravens, coyotes, deer, bear, catamount, owls, doves and other birds make up most of the background sound. Them and the wind. We get a lot of wind and there's even more up on the ridge that we hear roaring. When I hear the wind roar I'm glad we're not up there.

I am impressed that the beam may have been made in the USA!

9. Edward says:

Great pic. How did you get it? Stick your hand out in the cold wind?

10. karl says:

when i first saw that post my first thought was *holy cow the jeffries butcher shop is going to much larger than i first thought.*

11. Farmerbob1 says:

More Chinese numbers in the temperature section, Walter.