Family Jewels

Reflections on Refractionss

Crystals are fun. We have many forms scattered around the house from geodes to local quartz. In this season, most of the crystals I deal with are made of H2O instead of SiO2 and the glass hanging above is not technically a crystal in all likelihood although it is called that.

This ‘crystal’ hanging in the windows makes moving rainbows of the morning light to great amusement of little folk of multiple species. In the planes of this glass ‘gem’ I see the hills across our valley, the blue sky behind.

Outdoors: 25째F/10째F Sunny
Tiny Cottage: 63째F/57째F

6 Responses to Family Jewels

1. Mary Ricksen says:

I have a string of crystals hanging in the back outside my sliding glass doors. They fill the room with rainbows that dance and move in the breezes. There are a couple of months where the sun is directly overhead here and they don't reflect. It's the only way to know the seasons, by where the sun is.
    We had a cold streak, it got to 46 last nite. This is the only time to be here. Otherwise I love Vermont.

2. Nance says:

poetry, when you least expect it.

3. Gail in Montana says:

Beautiful crystal, Walter!!!! Poetry in motion!! I love to collect rocks, but I'm out of room for any more in the house. Still have lots of room outside, though, lol. I'm awful at the beach, as I'm so busy looking for rocks, I sometimes miss neat birds!!!

4. Pablo says:

I love glass. I have a collection of glass "diamonds" on my desk. I should do a post about them (since I haven't been to the woods to get any photos).

5. Jean says:

You got me! My first thoughts when I glanced at title was… whose "jewels"? Castrations on farm? I hope not significant other's!

Ah, it is only those clear glass crystals hanging in windows belonging to FAMILY!

6. PV says:

I luv this pic Walt. I looked and looked and looked and think I have finally figured out the planes and how they are bending the light. I love gems both the cut glas, natural and cut precesious gems. I have lots hanging in my windows whith the light coming in and making rainbows. PV