Blue Shadow Latice

Latice of Shadows on Blue

Today we were doing roofing work on one of our projects. The weather was incredible. No wind which made it possible to be up high even with cool temperatures and the sun was hot on our backs. A glorious winter day. At noon we felt so good we worked right through with Ben catering sandwiches instead of having to take our usual mid-day warm up break.

When I came down off the roof I saw the cool patterns that the matrix of board shadows were casting on each other, on the pillars and on the snow. Will and I removed some of the diagonal structural braces so I could get this photo. Well worth the effort.

Outdoors: 18°F/-2°F Sunny Blue Skies

9 Responses to Blue Shadow Latice

1. Jerry says:

Great eye, my friend. A sure sign of a good soul.

2. Nance says:

I do so like the light and shadow . . . with Blue Sky. Nice!

3. Gail in Montana says:

Very nice photo, Walter!! You do have a good eye for catching the right moments on film!!! Glad you had such a nice day to work up there. Sounds lovely!!!

Beautiful……. So what is this new building? Part of the slaughterhouse? An expansion of your tiny cottage? Something new?

Adam Ant

Hey walter,
    How do you know when a Gilt is Pregnant? And should I change there feed? I haven't switched to an organic grain yet i'm hoping to get setup for whey or yogurt this summer from the sales of piglets. Thanks. Robert

P.S. You never told me if you served and what branch? 8 years ARMY medical

6. Grace says:

I love this photo. It is hard to get such a great contrast range. The blue of the sky, the shadows, the tones of the snow, the shades of the boards, the whole thing looks grand. What camera did you use and settings to make this come out so beautifully? Grace

7. Adam, This is part o the greenhouse. See tomorrow's post for the north side and I'll write more about this project soon.

Robert, If she is not pregnant she should recycle after 21 or so days. If she doesn't come back into heat after two cycles that's a pretty good sign she's in a piggy way (pregnant). Her sides should swell, the hip line smooth, clit hood point up (pregnancy indicator), bag, nest and farrow. I was an Army BRAT. Base RAT. 4 Years in the far north.

Grace, this was shot with a simple Casio EX-V8 digital camera. 1/200s, F9.2, Aperature Priority, ISO50, ExpBias-0.7 I shot quite a few before I decided I likely had the one I wanted but in the bright sun and on the tiny camera screen I couldn't tell for sure until I got back to the house and could examine the pictures on the computer. There were several very good ones in the batch.

8. "Excellent farming blog! I, too, used to run a farm (just a small hobby farm), but that was too much trouble time-wise since I wasn't able to spend a lot of time there. And, by the way, I can't imagine myself having enough time for farming AND blogging. Not sure how you do that. :) Do you live at your farm location throughout the year?

Oh, and as far as our farm, I decided to sell it last year. It's still listed for sale at Horse Clicks in their farms for sale category. Just in case anyone interested, contact Rick Schaufer, our listing agent. =)

9. Yes… We homestead or as I refer to it, farmstead, as opposed to people who one a farm and have it managed and operated for them by others. This is our home first and fore most.

As a side note, I've gotten this comment three times. Tastes quite spammy. I'll fry future copies.