Mystery Photo Red & White

No clues besides the photo in tones of red and white.
Click on the image for a larger version.
Leave guesses in comments…

Outdoors: 14째F/11째F Overcast, Light snow all day no accumulation, Windy
Farm House: 61째F/50째F five logs
Tiny Cottage: no data – not dug out yet

18 Responses to Mystery Photo Red & White

1. grannygardner says:

Is this where blood from the slaughter dripped?

2. Rob says:

I was going to guess coral in your aquarium but on second thought, the first comment sounds better.

3. Julie says:

My first thought was a raspberry covered in icing sugar. But I think it’s snow on something red and woollen – hat, scarf?
    (PS, came here via The Other Side)

I am going with the fibers. Looks like a red rug covered in snow to me.

Charles

5. Urban Agrarian says:

Before looking at the other comments, I thought, a mitten or blood, but a mitten is too ordinary so I’ll go with blood, and you did mention something about slaughtering the other day.

6. EllaJac says:

Before looking at the large version, I thought maybe snow on the cut-ends of a bundle of bale twine. BUT I think it must be where pork blood melted the packed snow/ice in fissures and the wind blew some more powder in…?

7. Donna says:

I agree with some of the others: snow on rug fibers.

8. PV says:

I wunder if it is some thing made from clay or some thing like that that got left outside in the snow???

9. JasmineS says:

I am incline to suggest that it might be ice since walter seems to take so many ice pics. But why red I am not sure? Did he die it maybe with food dies? Maybe the picture is upside down?

10. Keri says:

Looks like frozen blood to me.

11. anna says:

wool although i do not like to think of how it got red like that

12. karl says:

you said that you butchered the other day using the tractor. i assume that this is the location where you bled the animal out?

13. Mark V. says:

Given todays post Im with Granny.

14. Anonnie-Moose says:

I vote for valentines day blood in the snow. That is cheating I know because I’m not just using the photo. Other clues are in the posts before and after this disaster.

15. We have a winner, but don’t stop guessing. If you want to know the answer, go look in the comments here.

16. catphish says:

It looks to me like snow on a scarf or mittens. Interesting photo whatever it is.

17. pig blood frozen in the snow. looks fascinating, like someone suggested an underwater coral