Sex with Turkey Farmers

On Nov 20, 2006, at 1:16 PM, Kristin Gangwer wrote:
Dear Mr. Jefferies:
I work for Nerve, an award-winning online sex and culture magazine based in Manhattan. Each Thursday we publish an advice column titled “Sex Advice From…______”. Each week we fill in the blank with a different group of people: for example, “Sex Advice From…Public Defenders,” “Sex Advice From…Wedding Singers,” “Sex Advice From…Organic Farmers.” Last Thanksgiving we ran the “Sex Advice From…Organic Farmers” column; this Thanksgiving, we’re trying to expand on the holiday theme with “Sex Advice From…Turkey Farmers.” If you currently have turkeys (or have ever in the past) and are willing, we would love your assistance with this! I have included a list of questions for you to answer and return via e-mail. We also ask that you include a photo of yourself, your first name, and age. No other identifying information will be published. However, if you would like for us to provide a link to your blog or farm website, we’d be more than happy to do so.
Best,
Kristin
*******************
Kristin Gangwer
Editorial Intern
Nerve
520 Broadway, 9th Floor
New York, NY 10012
212.625.9914 ext231

Wow. Weirder and weirder… I seem to be pulling in all sorts of offers. Seems legit, or at least not the usual spam. Reminds me of the Wife Swap incident.

Well, in other news, we got three more courses of concrete blocks up along the north and parts of the east and west walls of our tiny cottage. The last thing we did was insulate all the vertical walls for the cold night ahead. Fresh cement does not do well when frozen. It is definitely feeling more Novemberish!

35째F/25째F Overcast

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Sex with Turkey Farmers

1. Kristianna says:

That is just *freaky*! What I don’t understand is why these people (including the wife swap incident) would think you would even remotely want to be involved in their business or whatever you want to call it. ugh!

Yup, weirder and weider.

2. Jane says:

What fun you could have with that :)

I’m guessing you are going to say no, but it must be nice to be asked.

3. Jane says:

What fun you could have with that :)

I’m guessing you are going to say no, but it must be nice to be asked.

4. HomemakerAng says:

weird! I guess they do not have anything better to do though… what a boring life! Aren’t you glad you are living your life to the fullest with your family and God’s beautiful surroundings on your farm to raise them with and you get to enjoy your wonderful life too…

5. Grandma says:

We have property in northern California with two little cottages. One is 346 Sq. Ft. and the other is 250 Sq. Ft. We thought of building a nice really large home behind the 2 little ones, but decided not to for several reasons, such as more heating, cleaning, collecting, of stuff we really don’t need, higher taxes, etc. Besides like your family we are always outside enjoying the mountains, working, or chasing animals or kids, anyway here goes the picture review:

My operating system is Windows XP pro, and the browser was Explorer, until yesterday I changed it to the our DSL server’s browser which is AT&T; Yahoo, because it did a recent update and I thought it might have affected the pictures up until the 15th of November the pictures were always there and I could quietly lurk in the background.

Visible pictures are on
    Nov. 15 #1 & 7, 2-6 does not show up.
    Nov. 16 # 1 & 3, #2 does not show up
    Nov. 17 #1, 6, 8, 9, 13 pictures 2-5, 10, 12, are not visible, picture 7 & 11 are not visible, but if you click on the blank picture it does show up in another screen,
    Nov 18 #1, Kita is beautiful!
    Nov 19 both pictures show up.

There was another posting by Urban Agrarian about the missing pictures, did you ask? Are they the same ones? Justme just being curious.

6. David says:

That is strange. Did you reply to them like you did in Wife Swap? Speaking of sex, I put our boar in a different pen than our sows so they could have a rest after having their litters. I put the boar in with his male children. The sows were probably 100 ft away. Is it natural for the boars to keep mounting each other? The piglets can’t reach their father but he definetly penetrates them. Obviously I’m going to separate them since that’s all they do all day (they’ve been in with each other for only 1 day), but is that normal? Could he damage their rectum? Searching google for this information does not turn up educational research.

7. mellifera says:

LOL

I hope you had good advice for them, Walter. (Don’t worry, Nerve.com is ever so legit.) Some people need all the help they can get.