Ticked Off

This picture is nowhere near as cute as yesterday’s posting. This tick dropped off one of our dogs. Hot ticks pop. This has been a big year for ticks already. Normally we only see about one tick a year on average. This year we’ve already found five. Ugh.

73째F/60째F Sunny

Tinker, Tailor…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Ticked Off

1. pablo says:

Well, um, it’s a well done photo anyway.

2. PV says:

ewww!!!!!!!!!!!

3. brandy says:

Please say that is not a nickel…please.
    Its a dime right?
    Right?

I think Im traumatized.

4. Aye, it is a dime. :) Aren’t you glad that is only a photo and you didn’t find the real thing! :)

5. Old Hound says:

you sure your property hasn’t been hit by radiation? like in the old 50’s era science fiction movies? those movies always had some giant insect who got that way by getting irradiated in a nuclear test.That tick is frightning!

6. Andrew says:

One tick a year???
    Good ‘ol new england! :)
    I remember those days in Connecticut. Here in Missouri, one a day is doing good. :P

7. We have free roaming guineas and chickens so that probably helps with keeping down the tick population.

What exactly is this tick doing with his backend on a symbol of the good ‘ole US of A? Is this tick trying to make a statement? Maybe he’s fed up with washington’s shenanigans, too?

9. lola says:

EW, I just found of those on my cat! about that size, too! bleh. gives me goosebumps just thinking about it!

10. Eva says:

OH Lord, i just found one of those (exactly like that one) in the stairs of my house. I imagine is because I gave my dog this morning a SENTINEL pill, which is supposed to take care or ticks and fleas etc. I didn’t know
    it worked so fast.
    Anyway, I saw it on the carpet and picked it up thinking what the heck is this? and I looked and looked closer and ahhgg those little tyny legs started to move. I didn’t see a head, I hope it didn’t stay inside my doggggg. I screamed and throw it out the window. And then I
    washed my hands with water and bleach! I run to the internet and googled pics of ticks and found this… agggghhgggg my suspicions were true!

it worked so fast.