Sharing a Joke

Kia, one of our guardian dogs, and two of our grower pigs, Mark & Charley, had just got done playing and it looks like they are sharing a joke in this photo my son Will took this afternoon. When pigs are young they are quite playful although they quickly grow out of that after about six to eight months when they reach 200 to 300 lbs. Perhaps that is best – who wants a 800 lb practical joker on the farm!

Click on the photo for a much larger version if you want a desktop background.

70째F/59째F Sunny

Tinker, Tailor…

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Sharing a Joke

He looks like Wilbur from Charlotte’s Web. Tell him to keep his chin up!!

2. pablo says:

This is a wonderful capture. Did Will just get lucky, or did he have an idea such a pose was coming between them? Nice work.

3. brandy says:

Even the pig in the back is in on the joke!

4. PV says:

Oooo!!!! That is soooo cute!!!! That pix shold be on a calendar!

5. Pablo, Will was specifically trying to get a photo of Kia and the piglets playing. They had been doing that all morning. But then when he got the camera they laid down and rested so he ended up with some great photos of them sitting around relaxing together. Serendipity!

6. Jim says:

Just Delightful!!!!

7. Jim says:

Just Delightful!!!!

8. Mark says:

Walter – is that the pigs water in the background? I don’t see any float valve or anything. Mark.

9. Mark, the black pipe simply comes down from a spring to the water dish which is the cut off bottom of a plastic barrel. The excess water overflows. Either way, through the pipe over over the soil from the spring, the water heads down the mountain. There is no automatic off or anything. The only control is a stick in the top of the pipe that limits the water flow. All of our animal waterers are simple flowing water from the overflow pipes of our springs. Nothing fancy.

10. Leslie says:

That’s a delightful photo, and it looks really nice as a blog header.

11. Urban Agrarian says:

Will, I tried to post a comment on your blog, but needed a password so I’ll comment here. I just want to tell you that I think that you took a really great photo. It’s not easy getting a good photo of an animal and you are to be congratulated for getting a great one of two animals. Of all the photos that I took of my daughter’s dog Bogie (Pepe) and my dog Kahlil (Saber) together, only one was even blogable.

12. Adam says:

I love this photo. I have it hanging on our office bulletin board. Your son really captured the moment!