Camouflage

When the dogs hold still they tend to blend. Cinnamon, who stands out reasonably well in the above photo vanishes when the fall leaves are on the ground. Lili, Tika and Hagrid vanish in the snow like polar bears in a snow storm. Kita, Kia and Kavi disappear in almost any natural environment, their tri-color markings breaking up their outlines.

So, how many dogs can you see in the photo above? One is easy… Leave your guess in the comments. Also mention where they are in the photo. If you would like to see a larger version of the photo, click on it. To get the answer position your cursor here.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Camouflage

1. ranch101 says:

I see four for sure, and a couple others which may or may not be dogs.

2. PV says:

I found just one. I think your tricking me walter!

3. Leslie says:

I see three for sure. The red one, seated. Then one curled up in the bottom left corner of the pic. Then another in front of the thickest tree trunk on the right portion of the photo.

There’s an “I’m not sure” whitish thing between two thin trees in the left part of the pic.

4. pablo says:

I found three, but the one on the left could as easily have been a rock as a dog.

5. Urban Agrarian says:

With the help of the prior comments, I think I see four.
    Kia? (maybe Kita) far lower left. Then I see a sheep and a white hen near the rock wall. Just to the right of the hen looks like Cinnamon? (seated). Just to the right of Cinnamon’s sholder, I see a small head of another dog that looks about the right size based on the sheep? and chicken. Then to the far right by the fat tree is Kita?.

I once had a dalmatian that was so invisible in snowy woods that it was creepy. It’s easy to see how stories start about wolf spirits that appear and disappear.

6. karl says:

two, any other dog-like objects are not definite enough to be sure.