Fax Storm Against NAIS

Black Booted NAIS
I invite you to please visit http://NoNAISl.org and read at least the first paragraph. Then contact your local media to help spread the word about NAIS. Write them, email them, fax them, phone them. Tell them to go visit http://NoNAIS.org for themselves. From there they can read the original USDA draft proposal for the National Animal Identification System (NAIS) that threatens to trample our Constitutional rights to keep livestock and our livelihoods.

If you’re sick of hearing me talk about NAIS, don’t worry, I probably won’t say much more about NAIS for another ten days here at Sugar Mountain Farm. But please speak up while we still have the chance.

“As nightfall does not come all at once, neither does oppression. In both instances,there is a twilight when everything remains seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be aware of change in the air however slight, least we become unwitting victims of the darkness.”

Justice William O. Douglas,
US Supreme Court
(1939-75)

18째F/3째F, Light snow flurries, Partly Sunny

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Fax Storm Against NAIS

1. Katie says:

I’m not sick of hearing you – Keep up the good and hard work!

2. Jan Verhoeff says:

Hi,

I just found your blog – it’s awesome. I’m out in Colorado, and I love the country. I grew up with farming – all the wonders and miracles of animals, natural births, and crops growing out of real dirt… No NY Sludge back then… ;)

I just had to let you know I appreciate your sentiment and the stuff you are writing – it looks great keep it up.

Please feel free to post a comment on my blog to bring visitors back – or email me and I’ll add a link.

janverhoeff@yahoo.com

3. Emily says:

Walter, please keep on doing what you’re doing! I can’t tell you how many people I have talked to who are absolutely clueless about this latest infringement on our liberties. No one has even heard of it! We ALL need to become activists and make our voices heard. So many times I hear state reps and senators say that they have not heard what their constituents’ opinions are. May God bless your efforts and dedication!

4. TNfarmgirl says:

Walter,
    Spoke to the Council of Boy Scout Leaders in VA and talked about NAIS – no one has heard about this, people are shocked and ANGRY! Spoke again this week to a gardening club – lots of horse, bird, llama owners – also cluelss and now VERY angry. I will be speaking at the end of April at a large Spring Garden Festival – they are expecting thousands to come through – I will be speaking both days and you can bet that they will here about NAIS! Keep the phone lines hot to Congress!
    Cheri

5. LauraP says:

Way to go! We all need to get the word out so people know what the fuss is all about — and that there’s something to fuss about.

6. Farmer says:

You do not know, what is waiting round the corner.

I am a farmer in Denmark, and we have had a national registation-system during the last 12 years.

They registrete even lambs and goats kids. All MUST have a yellow earmark not later than 8 days after the are born.
    Many smallholders has stoped, because the payed more bills than the could ever earn by holding the animals.

The bookkeeping-system is so difficult, that only professionals with a costly PC-program can make it without mistakes. So only bigger producers can protect themselves from costly fees.

Keep on fighting as long as you can.

Danish farmers lost, and now we pay!

..and in Norway we must have one tag in each ear from this year…in a way they might look funny, like going to a party, but in the other hand; I have to pay for it (the party)…

8. Jim says:

Walter-

Peggy and I signed the anti-NAIS petition for California, signees # 1211 and 1212, and I’ve added NoNAIS as a link to EHG.

I e-mailed you a similar message.

Keep up the good work friend!

For any livestock owner/small farmer/rancher fighting NAIS (please look at Ron Paul’s record – he voted for NO funding) please consider going to Ron Paul’s endorsement website, and signing on. If enough farmers do this, they will add a “farmer & rancher section” Go to http://www.ronpaul2008.com/endorsements to check it out. WE NEED CHANGE in the right direction. Thanks very much – Anna